Starts every Monday. It’s best to arrive on the actual start date as there’s no activities on day one so you’ll have plenty of time to check in, relax and meet your group. If you do arrive in Sydney before your start date we will still pick you up from the airport and will book you into the hostel from the day you arrive. You’ll just need to pay approx. $35 AUD for any extra nights (not included) when you check in.
Below is the itinerary for your introduction to Sydney.
When you land in Sydney after your long flight we’ll be at the airport to meet you and take you to the hostel. You’ll have plenty of time check in, relax and meet the rest of your group.
Meals included: Welcome Dinner
Today we’ll start with a welcome talk and make sure all the essential stuff you’ll need to live and work in Australia is sorted including signing you up to our Work and Travel Jobs Program. In the afternoon, we’ll head out on a private sailing cruise around Sydney Harbour, which is undoubtedly the best way to see Sydney’s iconic sights including the Harbour Bridge and Opera House. Tonight, we’ll see what Sydney’s nightlife is all about as we take you to some of the best spots!
Meal included: Lunch
In the morning we’ll provide you with all the travel information you could need to plan your adventures. Afterwards, we'll head out to explore the beautiful city of Sydney and learn about its fascinating culture and history.
Meals included: Lunch
Today we visit the world famous Bondi Beach where you can take a swim or just relax and work on your tan. We’ll then do the famous Bondi to Coogee Coastal walk, snorkel in secluded bays, play some beach volleyball and enjoy an Aussie beach BBQ and a few cold beers.
Meals included: Lunch
We’ll take you out of Sydney and head north to the stunning Port Stephens, before tackling the largest sand dunes in the southern hemisphere on a sand board! We’ll then hike to the top of Port Stephens for a stunning view of the bay before heading to a brewery for some well deserved beer and wine tasting. Tonight we’ll stay in a uniquely Australian bush bungalow and have a BBQ and a few drinks.
Meals included: Lunch and Dinner
Wake up with the sun rising over the Australian bush before jumping in 4WDs and cruising along a beautiful secluded beach to learn to surf with qualified surf instructors! Relax after an amazing day in the waves and spot some kangaroos, and if you’re lucky a koala, before we make our way back to Sydney.
Meals included: Breakfast and Lunch
Play a game of football in Hyde Park Sydney. We’ll then get dressed up for our farewell dinner.
Meals included: Dinner
You’re now ready to go off travel around Oz with our help and the new friends you’ve made! We’ll be there to support you throughout your whole time in Australia.
- Cruise around the iconic Sydney Harbour by private sail boat
- Hang out like a local on the world famous Bondi Beach, go snorkelling and enjoy an Aussie BBQ and a few beers
- Sandboarding in Port Stephens
- Learn To Surf
- Pre‐Departure Information - what to expect from your Working Holiday (available in Online Members Portal)
- Instructions to set up a bank account provided prior to arrival - MasterCard debit card issued to all WTC members
- Access to Online Job Board and Online Members Portal prior to arrival
- Australian Orientation / Information session
- Registration for Australian Tax File Number
- Medicare Information and set up instructions (where applicable)
- 12 months full access to our Members Only Recruitment Agency and Purpose Built Traveller Centres, National Online Job Database, and Online Resource Centre / Portal
- Job placement by our Fully Integrated / In‐house Recruitment Agency - wages paid on time into an Aussie bank account
- Email job updates and ongoing Resume review plus loan / sale of work safety equipment & clothing for work
- Private mailbox with mail holding and forwarding anywhere in Australia
- Free internet access in our Sydney and Melbourne Centres (Super‐Fast WiFi)
- Toll free emergency assistance Number - Australia wide 24/7 - accessible for full duration of WTC Membership
- FREE 2nd year work visa information pack (Online Members Portal)
- FREE Use of phone in the office for job and general enquiries and FREE fax, photocopying and scanning
- WTC Ice Breaker / Welcome drinks - FREE DRINK and SNACKS - held every week and members can attend as many times as they want
Working abroad should be a fun, rewarding experience. But finding a job in a new country can be difficult. With us you don’t need to worry. We’ll give you everything you need to find work in Australia including exclusive access to our own Work and Travel Program.
Pre arrival letter: The Work and Travel team will email you a Welcome Email 21 days prior to your arrival date in Australia which includes lots of useful information including; How to get to the hostel / pre-check in information / Log in details for the Jobs program and more.
Before You Start: We’ll sort all the important things you’ll need before you start working in Australia. We’ll have your Aussie Bank Account open with your card and pin ready for when you arrive, along with your Aussie SIM card and Tax File number.
Training Courses: Certain jobs such as bar work and construction require you to complete specific training. We’ll explain what’s needed and can book you onto all necessary training courses after Oz Intro.
Work and Travel Members:You’ll get exclusive access to our Work and Travel Jobs portal,which includes access to a fully integrated labour hire job agency placing thousands of jobs exclusively available to WTC members only every year. You will also have access to the work and travel members portal which includes lots of useful information including an extensive WTC handbook we recommend reading before you travel.
Unlimited Help & Advice: Your WTC consultant will give you a comprehensive ‘Work in Oz’ presentation, as well as one on one advice and support on CV Building, Job Finding, Interview Skills and anything else you’ll need to secure a great job in Australia.
Australia Wide Support: Our Sydney office is your home away from home and base for finding work. With unlimited free internet, computers, printers and lots of friendly staff to help you. We also have support staff available in other capital cities such as Melbourne, Brisbane and Cairns.
Farm Work & 2nd & 3rd Year Visas: If you do 88 days of regional or farm work in Australia, you can apply for a 2nd Working Holiday Visa. We’ll give you lots more info on this during your introduction, will help you find farm work and will also help you apply for your 2nd Year Visa.
- Personal Airport Pickup To The Hostel 24/7
- 7 Nights Accommodation
- 7 Meals
- All Local Transport
- Help Before You Go
- Aussie Sim Card, Medicare Number, Aussie Bank Account & TFN, Work and Trabel membership
- Unlimited Free Internet & Mail Holding
- Awesome Group Leader
- City Orientation
- Private Sydney Harbour Cruise
- Sand Boarding and Port Stephens
- Learn To Surf session
- Bondi Beach & Coastal Walk
- BBQ, Beach Volleyball & Snorkelling
- Sydney Nightlife
- Unlimited Support
During your first week, you’ll get lots of help with finding work, accommodation and your onward travel. We’ll make sure you’re comfortable with what you’re doing, where you’re going and help you with everything you’ll need to have the trip of a lifetime with the new friends you’ve made.