Hva er inkludert?
Join us as we uncover the wonder of the West MacDonnell Ranges National Park, a treasure trove of natural beauty and history.
There are plenty of walking trails and waterholes to cool off from the Red Centre‘s heat. Located west of Alice Springs, the West MacDonnell Ranges cover 161km and serve as a refuge for wildlife found nowhere else.
On our 1 Day West MacDonnell Ranges tours, you’ll enjoy the diverse landscape and scenic views of Ellery Creek Big Hole, Ormiston Gorge, and the vivid colours of the mineral Ochre Pits. Before journeying home, via Simpsons Gap, an area surrounded by towering cliffs and rich in wildlife such as the black-footed rock wallaby are rare species known for the West MacDonnell Ranges region.
A must-do travel destination when visiting Central Australia!
- Explore the West MacDonnell National Park, known by the traditional owners as Tjoritja
- Marvel at the awe of Standley Chasm traditionally known as Angkerle Atwatye as you meander through the 80m high gorge
- Cool off at Ellery Creek Big Hole, one of Central Australia's largest and most beautiful swimming spots
- See the UNESCO-listed Ochre Pit mineral rockface and coloured clay ochre still used in traditional ceremonies
- Refresh within the towering walls of Ormiston Gorge, traditionally known as Kwartatuma
- Try for a glimpse of the very shy black-footed-rock-wallaby and other native wildlife through Simpsons Gap, traditionally known as Rungutjirpa